Family getting help from Red Cross after house fire
Submitted by WIKY News on Wed, 10/30/2013 - 3:56pm
The Red Cross is assisting an Evansville family, after fire damaged their home at 813 East Iowa. Investigator Joe Mayer says the McKendree family was renovating their upstairs bathroom, and had gone out to get more tools, when an electrical problem caused Wednesday morning's fire. Mayer says the McKendree's told him that before the fire, they had been having difficulty keeping their circuit breaker box from tripping. He says they have insurance.